Our editing process

This post will discuss how we went through the editing process to make it as smooth as possible and make sure that time wasn’t wasted in the process.

First of all we would conduct the interview with either a zoom or a phone in one case, the audio would then be placed onto one of our laptops and put onto the google drive that we had.

The next step was for one of us to then transcribe the interview so that we could copy text out of it into the finalised script document. This was a method i learnt from my time at a production company in London and I felt that it sped the process up.

Following on from this we would then write the script either on our own or as a group and then would make relevant changes.

After a finalised script had been agreed I would then record the narration in a varying amount of takes.

Following on from this I would then do a rough edit of everything, meaning that the interviews were in the right place, the levels were okay and music cues were put in, but were still to be agreed.  If needed I would also delete parts of the interviews that I didn’t feel worked.

Finally, we all sat and listened to epsiode and agreed where music needed to be changed or levels needed to be adjusted.

In terms of supporting content, this was done after, with the subtitles being put on to the final version of the episode and the experience videos being made at the same time by Molly.